Far Hills Animal Clinic is a full service facility offering advanced veterinary medical care. We believe every pet is entitled to the best that veterinary medicine has to offer. Our hospital is fully equipped with state-of-the-art technology, ready to make a full diagnosis as quickly as possible. Below is a list of some of the veterinary medical equipment maintained at Far Hills Animal Clinic.
- Blood and Urine Analysis – We offer a comprehensive in-house blood panel and urine examination, with results available in as little as 30 minutes. These diagnostic tests can be used to assess a wide range of diseases from heart failure to diabetes to kidney disease. Faster results mean better care for your pet, with earlier diagnosis and treatment.
- Infectious Disease Detection – FHAC utilizes many in-house laboratory tests for the detection of infectious diseases or parasites from Feline Leukemia Virus to Heartworm Disease to Intestinal Parasites.
- Digital Tonometer – This instrument measures eye pressure to check for glaucoma. It is identical to the one used by human ophthalmologists and is essential for a quick response to ocular emergencies.
- Blood Pressure Monitors – Crucial for anesthetic monitoring and for diagnosing hypertension in older pets.
- Electrocardiogram (ECG) – This noninvasive test records the electrical activity of the heart and is the test of choice for diagnosis of abnormal heart rhythms while also helping to detect heart enlargement or drug effects on the heart. We also monitor the heart’s electrical activity during anesthesia and surgery as part of our multi-faceted monitoring protocol to ensure our patient’s safety.
- Pulse Oxymeter – Measures oxygen levels and heart rate during anesthesia. This is very important for regulating and monitoring depth of anesthesia and pain during a surgical procedure.
- Digital Radiography – Our digital x-ray machine provides high-quality images that are easily enhanced and evaluated from anywhere in the hospital and beyond. Instant information regarding a pet’s lameness issue, GI malady or respiratory issue is available with the touch of a button bringing you peace of mind quickly and accurately. Additionally, these images can be sent electronically to referral institutions and veterinary specialists for further analysis, providing and all-encompassing assessment of your pet’s health.
- Ultrasound – Our GE Logic Book Ultrasound System lets our staff further examine your pet using non-invasive techniques that give valuable diagnostic information in a timely manner. The images acquired by ultrasound allow a better examination of the heart (echocardiogram) and abdomen then could be obtained with only x-ray images. In addition, the ultrasound machine can be used to safely obtain tissue and fluid samples from the body with exceptional accuracy. The Far Hills Animal Clinic ultrasound machine also allows clinic staff to communicate with veterinary specialists. Ultrasound images can be electronically sent to internal medicine and cardiac specialists for further analysis, providing an all-encompassing assessment of your pet’s health.