American Kennel Club
- The American Kennel Club provides a variety of information on specific dog breeds.
Getting a New Dog
- Helpful information about the various things to consider when you are thinking about getting a new dog.
Choosing the Right Dog
- Many articles with information about things to consider when selecting a new dog.
Dog Breed Info Center
- A reference guide to many breeds of dogs, including photos, temperament, life expectancy, grooming, and more.
- Founded by Brian Kilcommons and Sharon Wilson, best-selling authors and recognized experts on animal training and behavior, this site is a terrific resource for advice on a variety of behavioral problems. Check out the huge list of articles on a variety of subjects.
Inherited Diseases in Dogs
- This site from the University of Cambridge has a database of diseases that disproportionately target purebred dogs, and contains excellent information for the purebred dog owner.
Canine Diabetes Information
- A great starting point for a dog owner whose pet has just been diagnosed with diabetes. Here you will find a lot of excellent general advice about what to expect when treating this illness.